Thursday 15 February 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tinius Nagell-Erichsen and Henri Korn.
It Happened One Night, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 15 February 1934 ?
- John Frum Day in Vanuatu 
- Gummy Bear Day in United States
- National Day in Serbia
- Candlemas in Russia and other Eastern Orthodox countries
- Saint Siegfried of Sweden
- Saints Faustin and Jovita
- Saint Georgia
- Blessed Claude de la ColombiFre
- Flag Day in Canada
- Henri Korn: French neurobiologist, who has made significant contributions to the understanding of neural communication, integration of synaptic inputs by single neurons, and dynamics of neural circuits.
- Tinius Nagell-Erichsen: Norwegian publisher, noted for his leadership of the Schibsted media conglomerate which includes the broadsheet newspaper Aftenposten and the tabloid Verdens gang.
- Jimmy Bloomfield: English footballer and manager (d. 1983).
- Graham Kennedy: Australian television personality (Born 1934).
- Niklaus Wirth: Swiss computer scientist created the Pascal programming language.
- Abe Woodson: American football player and minister (d. 2014).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?