Tuesday 6 February 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Rohm and Sylvia Jean Smith.
This Side of Heaven, directed by William K. Howard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 6 February 1934 ?
- Bob Marley Day in Rastafarianism (Jamaica and Ethiopia)
- Waitangi Day (National Holiday) in New Zealand
- Sami National Day (known as Lapps; in Finland and Scandinavia)
- Saint Amandus, Apostle of the Franks
- Saint Vedastus (+540)
- Saint Dorothea, patron saint of florists
- Saint Paul Miki
- Robert Rohm: Cincinnati artists.
- Sylvia Jean Smith
- Martin Sklar in New Jersey: USA; created The Disneyland News, Vacationland manazine, scripts for Disney TV shows, worked on Disney promotional materials, vice president and vice chairman of Walt Disney Imagineering, named Disney Legend in 2001.
- Sylvia Smith: Canadian research astrologer.
- Bernard Erhard: American voice actor (Born 1934).
- Reds purchase 43-year-old Dazzy Vance from the Cards for $7,500
- Far right leagues rally in front of the Palais Bourbon in an attempted coup against the French Third Republic, creating a political crisis in France.
- Greece, Romania, Turkey and Yugoslavia have formed the Balkan Pact.
- Gaston Doumergue forms a new government in France.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?