Tuesday 27 February 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Nader and N Scott Momaday.
The Wedding of Palo, directed by Friedrich Dalsheim, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 February 1934
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1934 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Ralph Nader: American attorney and consumer advocate who effectively changed American awareness of product viability.
- N Scott Momaday: American writer.
- Ralph Nader in Winsted: Connecticut, USA; consumer advocate (Unsafe at Any Speed).
- Van Williams in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; actor (Green Hornet, Tycoon).
- N Momaday: American writer, a Native American author of Kiowa descent.
- [Navarre] Scott Momaday: US author (House Made of Dawn, Pulitzer 1969).
- Roger Rosselle: Belgium sport Champion.
- Vincent Fourcade: French interior designer (d. 1992).
- Tim Forster: English racehorse trainer (d. 1999).
- Van Williams: Actor best known for his television role as Britt Reid/the Green Hornet and his earlier leading role as Kenny Madison in both television detective series Bourbon Street Beat (1959-60) and its sequel, Surfside 6 (1960).