Tuesday 27 February 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ralph Nader and [Navarre] Scott Momaday.
It Happened One Night, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 February 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 February 1934 ?
- International Polar Bear Day.
- Saint Antigone
- Saint Leander
- First day of Maslenitsa in Russia (2006)
- Saint Honorine
- Dominican Republic - National Day.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honour of the pagan war god Mars were held.
- Saint Gabriel of the Mother of Sorrows
- Ralph Nader: American attorney and consumer advocate who effectively changed American awareness of product viability.
- [Navarre] Scott Momaday: US author (House Made of Dawn, Pulitzer 1969).
- N Scott Momaday: American writer.
- Ralph Nader in Winsted: Connecticut, USA; consumer advocate (Unsafe at Any Speed).
- Van Williams in Fort Worth: Texas, USA; actor (Green Hornet, Tycoon).
- N Momaday: American writer, a Native American author of Kiowa descent.
- Van Williams: Actor best known for his television role as Britt Reid/the Green Hornet and his earlier leading role as Kenny Madison in both television detective series Bourbon Street Beat (1959-60) and its sequel, Surfside 6 (1960).
- Roger Rosselle: Belgium sport Champion.
- Vincent Fourcade: French interior designer (d. 1992).
- Tim Forster: English racehorse trainer (d. 1999).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?