Wednesday February 14, 1990, Valentine's DayUS date format: 2/14/1990, UK date format: 14/2/1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 14, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Cream (rapper) and Brett Dier.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Opposites Attract by Paula Abdul.
In UK Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor was in the top 5 hits.
La Femme Nikita, directed by Luc Besson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Devices And Desires by P. D. James was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Aerolina.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Angband or Chew Man Fu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 February 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1990!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1990 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Cream (rapper)
- Brett Dier: Movie Actor.
- Jake Weary: TV Actor.
- Emily Mae Young: American child actress.
- Alshon Jeffery: Football Player.
- Space probe Voyager 1 takes photograph of entire solar system
- Perrier recalls 160 million bottles of sparkling water after traces of benzene, a carcinogen, are found in some.
- 92 people are killed aboard Indian Airlines Flight 605 at Bangalore, India.
- The Pale Blue Dot picture was sent back from the Voyager 1 probe after completing its primary mission. It was around 3.5 billion miles away from earth.
- The United Kingdom and Argentina restore diplomatic relations after 8 years. The UK had severed ties in response to Argentina's invasion of the Falkland Islands, a British Dependent Territory, in 1982.
- In Cartagena, Colombia, a summit is held between President of the United States George H. W. Bush, President of Bolivia Jaime Paz Zamora, President of Colombia Virgilio Barco Vargas, and President of Peru Alan García. The leaders pledge additional cooperation in fighting international drug trafficking.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ruby Turner - It's Gonna Be Alright
- Michel'le - No More Lies
- Skyy - Real Love
- Where Do We Go From Here - Stacy Lattisaw & Johnny Gill
- Opposites Attract - Paula Abdul (Duet With The Wild Pair)
- Soul II Soul - Jazzie's Groove
- Surface - Can We Spend Some Time
- Sybil - Walk On By
- Regina Belle - Make It Like It Was
- Salt-N-Pepa - Expression
Top #10 Latin songs
- Kaoma - Lambada
- La Cima Del Cielo - Ricardo Montaner
- Daniela Romo - Quiero Amanecer Con Alguien
- Ana Gabriel - Soledad
- Gipsy Kings - Vamos A Bailar
- Como Fui A Enamorarme De Ti - Los Bukis
- Maravilloso, Corazon, Maravilloso - Raphael
- Lambada-Llorando Se Fue - Teresa Guerra
- Para Amarnos Mas - Mijares
- Esta Vez - Franco de Vita
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U
- Get Up (Before The Night Is Over) - Technotronic featuring Ya Kid K
- Beats International featuring Lindy Layton - Dub Be Good To Me
- Kylie Minogue - Tears On My Pillow
- Lonnie Gordon - Happenin' All Over Again
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?