Monday 14 February 1949, Valentine's Day
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jimmy Randell and Richard E.
Caught, directed by Max Opuls, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while A Rage to Live by John O'Hara was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching A Woman to Remember.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 1949!
Which were the important events of 14 February 1949 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
- Jimmy Randell: Rocker.
- Richard E: Neal; American politician (Representative-Democrat-Massachusetts).
- Dirk Baert: .
- Christopher Lillicrap: English television host actor and screenwriter.
- Yusuf Salman Yusuf: Iraqi-Assyrian communist leader (Born 1901).
- 1st session of Knesset (Jerusalem Israel)
- Dutch Drees government presents plan for the building of 30,000 houses.
- The Asbestos Strike begins in Canada. The strike marks the beginning of the Quiet Revolution in Quebec.
- The Knesset (Israeli parliament) convenes for the first time.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1949 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Red Roses For A Blue Lady - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Mills Brothers - I Love You So Much It Hurts
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?