Wednesday 14 February 2007, Valentine's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Bridge to Terabithia, directed by Gabor Csupo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Best Life Diet by Bob Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Jacob's Cross.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing AFL Premiership 2007 or Armageddon Empires.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 14 February 2007 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 February
- The United States redeploys the 173rd Airborne Brigade to Afghanistan to prepare for an anticipated spring offensive by the Taliban. (CNN)
- Bombay Stock Exchange sells 5 percent stake to Germany's Deutsche Börse. (Forbes)
- The Parliament of Serbia rejects a United Nations plan for the independence of Kosovo. (BBC)
- Vodafone's Chief Executive, Arun Sarin, says the company will spend US$2 billion to enhance its investments in India. (BusinessWeek)
- Mid-February winter storm: A major weather system reaches the Northeastern United States and eastern Canada and hammers the region with snow and ice. The same system is responsible for severe weather in the Midwest and a tornado in New Orleans, Louisiana. (AP via CBS News)
- Iraq War:
- Operation Imposing Law: U.S. military spokesman Maj. Gen. William Caldwell announces that Muqtada Al Sadr fled Iraq several weeks ago and is in Iran. (Alertnet)
- Iraq War troop surge of 2007: The U.S. House of Representatives debates the proposed non-binding resolution to oppose President Bush's surge plan. (BBC)
- French counterterrorism police arrest 11 people who were allegedly part of a network to recruit Islamic radicals to work with Al-Qaeda in Iraq. (Fox)
- The European parliament has approved a report on secret CIA flights which condemns member states that allowed the operations. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands rally in Beirut, Lebanon to mark the second anniversary of the killing of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri. (BBC )
- Leaders of the Anglican Church meet in Tanzania with a possibility of a schism over the issue of homosexual clergy. (BBC)
- Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow is sworn in as President of Turkmenistan. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- The foreign ministers of China, India and Russia meet in New Delhi, India to discuss greater cooperation between the three Asian countries on issues including terrorism, drug trafficking and Afghanistan. (Forbes)
- A bus belonging to Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps has been hit by a car bomb in Zahedan killing 18 people. (Reuters via ABC Australia)
- The World Food Program predicts that 285,000 people in Mozambique will require food aid after severe flooding. (BBC)
- Georgina Beyer, the world's first transgendered member of parliament, resigns from the Parliament of New Zealand. (NZ Herald)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 14 February 2007
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?