Wednesday 14 June 1978
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 14, 1978). The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diablo Cody and Annia Hatch.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Grease, directed by Randal Kleiser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while A Stranger Is Watching by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heiter bis wolkig.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Phasor Zap or Clowns.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 June 1978
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 June 1978!
Which were the important events of 14 June 1978 ?
- Flag Day (United States)
- Liberation Day (Falkland Islands)
- International Weblogger's Day ? Celebration of the work of webloggers around the world
- World Blood Donor Day  ? Celebration of blood donation on the birthdate of Karl Landsteiner, who discovered ABO blood groups
- Roman Empire ? eighth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Mother's Day (Afghanistan)
- United States: Birthday of the U.S. Army
- Diablo Cody: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Annia Hatch: Cuban-American gymnast and coach.
- David Kopp (actor)
- Dee Hsu
- Steve Begin: French-Canadian hockey player.
- Steve Bégin: Canadian ice hockey player.
- Theodore Karyotakis: Composer, dies at 74.
- Sierra Leone adopts constitution
- Down 9-7 in 10th with two outs, New York Yankees Paul Blair hits a three run home run.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- Johnny Mathis - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
- Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good
- George Benson - On Broadway
- Carly Simon - You Belong To Me
- Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen
Top #10 R&B songs
- The O'Jays - Use Ta Be My Girl
- The Isley Brothers - Take Me To The Next Phase
- Heatwave - The Grooveline
- George Duke - Dukey Stick (Part One)
- Linda Clifford - Runaway Love
- Rufus/Chaka Khan - Stay
- Johnny Mathis/Deniece Williams - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- Natalie Cole - Annie Mae
- Smokey Robinson - Daylight And Darkness
- Quincy Jones - Stuff Like That
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?