Thursday 22 June 1978
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Champ Bailey and Tim Driesen.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Convoy, directed by Sam Peckinpah, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien and Christopher Tolkien was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 3-D Docking Mission or Tournament Table.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1978!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 June 1978 ?
- Champ Bailey: American football player.
- Tim Driesen: Belgian actor, singer and songwriter.
- Dan Wheldon: English racing driver (d. 2011).
- Neo-Nazis call off plans to march in Jewish community of Skokie, Illinois
- Charon, a satellite of the dwarf planet Pluto, is discovered by American astronomer James Christy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
- Carly Simon - You Belong To Me
- The O'Jays - Use Ta Be My Girl
- Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen
- Bob Seger - Still The Same
- Peter Brown - Dance With Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?