Friday 16 June 1978
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jasmine Leong and Chris Marques.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Jaws 2, directed by Jeannot Szwarc, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Sky Diver or Race - Spin-out - Cryptogram (Europe) Speedway / Spin-out / Cryptologic (US).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1978!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1978 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Jasmine Leong: Chinese Malaysian singer.
- Chris Marques: French dancer of Portuguese and Spanish descent, memeber of the jury of the TV program "Danse avec les Stars" (Dancing with the Stars).
- Daniel Bruhl: German actor.
- Daniel Brühl: Spanish-German actor.
- Fish Leong: Malaysian singer.
- Lyndsey Marshal: English actress
- Jay Moriarity: American surfer (d. 2001)
- Dainius Zubrus: Lithuanian ice hockey player
- Cin Red Tom Seaver no-hits St. Louis Cardinals, 4-0
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 June 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- Johnny Mathis - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
- Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good
- George Benson - On Broadway
- Carly Simon - You Belong To Me
- Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?