Saturday 17 June 1978
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jenny Keim and James Corden.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Shadow Dancing by Andy Gibb.
In UK You're The One That I Want by John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was in the top 5 hits.
Jaws 2, directed by Jeannot Szwarc, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1978
while Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Everyday Maths.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Race - Spin-out - Cryptogram (Europe) Speedway / Spin-out / Cryptologic (US) or Air-Sea War - Battle (Europe) Armored Encounter! / Subchase! (US).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1978!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1978 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Jenny Keim: Cincinnati, Ohio -- Diver (1996 Olympics - 9th Place).
- James Corden: English actor and comedian.
- Patrice Bessac: French politician, who has served as Mayor of Montreuil since 2014.
- Isabelle Delobel: French skater, who won the gold medal at the 2008 World championship, and the gold one at the 2007 European championship, with her partner Olivier Schoenfelder.
- Kumiko Aso: Japanese actress.
- Cheeseburger In Paradise by Jimmy Buffett peaks at #32
- Ron Guidry sets New York Yankees' record with 18 strike-outs.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 June 1978
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1978 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Andy Gibb - Shadow Dancing
- John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John - You're The One That I Want
- Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street
- Bonnie Tyler - It's A Heartache
- Johnny Mathis - Too Much, Too Little, Too Late
- ABBA - Take A Chance On Me
- Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good
- George Benson - On Broadway
- Carly Simon - You Belong To Me
- Sweet - Love Is Like Oxygen
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?