Saturday 14 May 1949
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Glavany and Christian Franqueville.
The Barkleys of Broadway, directed by Charles Walters, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Crusade in Europe.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 14 May 1949
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1949!
Which were the important events of 14 May 1949 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Jean Glavany: French politician, a member of the Socialist Party (PS) and former Minister.
- Christian Franqueville
- Sverre Årnes: Norwegian author screenwriter and director.
- Walter Day: American game designer and businessman founded Twin Galaxies.
- Johan Schans: Dutch swimmer.
- Klaus-Peter Thaler: German cyclist.
- Love Life closes at 46th St. Theater NYC after 252 performances
- Truman signs bill establishing a rocket test range at Cape Canaveral
- 75th Preakness: Ted Atkinson aboard Capot wins in 1:56.
- US President Harry Truman signs bill establishing a rocket test range at Cape Canaveral.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1949 ?