Monday 14 May 1973
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet and Natalie Appleton.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to You Are The Sunshine Of My Life by Stevie Wonder.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
The Day of the Jackal, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catch Kandy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing TREK73 or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 May 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 May 1973 ?
- St. Carthach the Younger
- DubsDay in Dublin Ireland (14th of May in 2006).
- Mother's Day in various countries (second Sunday of May in 2006).
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut, or Israeli Independence Day. The observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Paraguay - Flag Day.
- St. Maria Dominic Mazzarello
- St. Just
- St. Engelmer
- St. Vincent of Lerins
- St. Victor and Corona
- St. Boniface of Tarsus
- St. Michael Garicoits
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: St. Matthias (Apostle)
- St. Engelmund
- Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet: French politician, often referred to by her initials NKM.
- Natalie Appleton: Canadian singer and actress (All Saints and Appleton).
- Indira Varma
- Ugo Mola
- Sinéad O'Carroll
- Voshon Lenard: American basketball player.
- Fraser Nelson: Scottish journalist.
- Hakan Ünsal: Turkish footballer and sportscaster.
- Julian White: English rugby player.
- Shanice [Wilson] in Pittsburgh: Pennsylvania, USA; vocalist (Discovery, Loving You).
- John Davis WLAF tight end (Amsterdam Admirals: Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Charles Hardison: American homicide victim, murdered the evening of 4/11/1990 about 09:00 PM in Milton, MA by his mother's ex-lover, Raymond Vinnie.
- Shanice : American singer.
- Anais Granofsky: Canadian actress director and screenwriter.
- Jean Gebser: German-Polish philosopher, poet and linguist.
- Skylab launched, the first Space Station.
- Gold hits record US$102.50 an ounce in London, England.
- US Supreme court approves equal rights to females in military.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Elton John - Daniel
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Skylark - Wildflower
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?