Thursday 10 May 1973
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Élodie Hesme and Jerome Williams (basketball).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
The Day of the Jackal, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catch Kandy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lemonade Stand or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 May 1973!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 May 1973 ?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- Saint Quaratus and Quintus
- Saint Peter Van
- Saint William of Pontoise
- Buddha's Birthday in Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, and South Korea.
- Saint Francis of Assisi
- Saint Solange
- The first possible day on which Pentecost may fall.
- Akshaya Tritya in Hinduism.
- Astronomy Day in the United States.
- Birds' and Trees' Day in Hungary
- Memorial Day of Blessed Damien of Moloka'i
- Celebration of the Clandestine Retreat of Ma'at and Ra in Ancient Egypt.
- Constitution Day in the Federated States of Micronesia.
- Inauguration Day in South Africa.
- Mania (mythology) in Ancient Rome.
- The marriage of Shiva to Meenakshi in Madurai, India
- Élodie Hesme
- Jerome Williams (basketball)
- Stephen Berra
- Kevin McBride
- Rüştü Reçber: Turkish footballer.
- Jerome Williams: NBA forward (Detroit Pistons).
- Ollie le Roux: South African rugby player.
- Aviv Geffen: Israeli singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (Blackfield).
- Stanley Cup: Montreal Canadiens beat Chicago Blackhawks, 4 games to 2.
- 27th NBA Championship: New York Knicks beat Los Angeles Lakers, 4 games to 1.
- Establishment of Frente Polisario in Mauritania.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Elton John - Daniel
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?