Saturday 12 May 1973
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stefano Margoni and MacKenzie Astin in Los Angeles.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree by Dawn.
In UK See My Baby Jive by Wizzard was in the top 5 hits.
The Day of the Jackal, directed by Fred Zinnemann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three by John Godey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Catch Kandy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Race or TREK73.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1973!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1973 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Stefano Margoni: hockey forward (Team Italy 1998).
- MacKenzie Astin in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Facts of Life, Garbage Pail Kids).
- Travis Lutter: American mixed martial arts fighter.
- Kendra Kassebaum: American stage actress.
- Robert Tinkler: Canadian voice actor.
- Mackenzie Astin: American noted family, the son of actress Patty Duke and actor John Astin. He had a three-year run on the '80s sitcom "The Facts of Life," after which he returned to finish high school with plans for journalism. At 23, he has scored parts in two recent movies, "In Love and War," and in "The Evening Star," both in 1997. He makes his leading man debut in "Dream for an Insomniac."
- Lutz Pfannenstiel: German footballer and manager
- Dueling Tubas by Martin Mull hits #92
- 6th ABA championship: Indiana Pacers beat Kentucky Colonels, 4 games to 3.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Dawn - Tie A Yellow Ribbon Round The Ole Oak Tree
- Stevie Wonder - You Are The Sunshine Of My Life
- The Sweet - Little Willy
- War - The Cisco Kid
- Dobie Gray - Drift Away
- Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You
- Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
- Vicki Lawrence - The Night The Lights Went Out In Georgia
- Elton John - Daniel
- Donny Osmond - The Twelfth Of Never
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?