Thursday 14 September 1950US date format: 9/14/1950, UK date format: 14/9/1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1950). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Olivier Bouygues and Paul Kossoff.
Saddle Tramp, directed by Hugo Fregonese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Chicago Confidential by Jack Lait and Lee Mortimer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rancho Alegre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 September 1950
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 14 September 1950 ?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
- Olivier Bouygues
- Paul Kossoff: English guitarist and songwriter (Free...
- Michael Nifong: American attorney.
- Masami Kuwashima: Japanese race car driver.
- Mike Nifong: American lawyer and politician.
- John Steptoe: American author and illustrator (d....
- Western allies rearm West Germany
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- Sarah Vaughan - I Love the Guy
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?