Sunday 24 September 1950
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elaine Defico and Mohinder Amarnath.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Springtime In Paris by Elliot H. Paul was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tom Corbett, Space Cadet.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1950 ?
- Elaine Defico: American homicide victim.
- Mohinder Amarnath: Indian cricketer coach and sportscaster.
- Alan Colmes: American comedian and talk show host.
- John Kessel: American author poet and playwright.
- Harriet Walter: English actress.
- Kristina Wayborn: Swedish model and actress Miss Sweden 1970
- Princess Victoria: of Hesse and by Rhine (Born 1863).
- Operation Magic Carpet - 45,000 Jews from Yemen move to Israel.
- Forest fires black out the sun over portions of Canada and New England. A blue moon (in the astronomical sense) is seen as far away as Europe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don Cherry - Thinking of You
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?