Saturday September 16, 1950
US date format: 9/16/1950, UK date format: 16/9/1950
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 16, 1950). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Paula Moore and Henry Louis Gates.
Saddle Tramp, directed by Hugo Fregonese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Kon-Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rancho Alegre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 16, 1950?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- See more
- Viet Minh-offensive against French bases in Vietnam
- Pedro De Cordoba: Actor (Club Havana, Swamp Fire), dies at...
Sport Games on September 16, 1950
- Cleveland Browns - Philadelphia Eagles : 35 - 10
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free