Thursday 28 September 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Densmore and John Sayles.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Big Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1950 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Jim Densmore: American musician, the brother of "Doors" drummer John Densmore.
- John Sayles: American actor, screenwriter, producer, editor and director of low-budget films.
- Paul Burgess: English drummer (10cc Jethro Tull Camel Magna Carta and The Icicle Works).
- Laurie Lewis: American singer and fiddler.
- Indonesia joins the United Nations.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 September 1950
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Don Cherry - Thinking of You
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?