Thursday 28 September 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Densmore and John Sayles.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Across The River And Into The Trees by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Big Town.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1950!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 28 September 1950 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Jim Densmore: American musician, the brother of "Doors" drummer John Densmore.
- John Sayles: American actor, screenwriter, producer, editor and director of low-budget films.
- Paul Burgess: English drummer (10cc Jethro Tull Camel Magna Carta and The Icicle Works).
- Laurie Lewis: American singer and fiddler.
- Indonesia joins the United Nations.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Nevertheless (I'm In Love with You) - Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra
- Don Cherry - Thinking of You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?