Friday 15 September 1950
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Yves Le Bouillonnec and Mirza Ahmad.
The Black Rose, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while Roosevelt In Retrospect by John Gunther was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dick Tracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1950
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 15 September 1950. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1950!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1950 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:15 September
- Vojtech Rihovsky: Composer, dies at 79.
- East German Premier Grotewohl pleads for German reunification
- For a record 6th time, New York Yankee Johnny Mize hits 3 HRs in one game
- UN lands at Inchon to drive North Korean troops out of the south
- US troop land on Wolmi-Do island off of Seoul
- During Korean conflict, United Nations forces land at Inchon in the south.
- Korean War ampndash Battle of Inchon: Allied troops commanded by Douglas MacArthur land in Inchon, occupied by North Korea, to begin a U.N. counteroffensive.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - Gordon Jenkins & His Orchestra
- I Love the Guy - Sarah Vaughan
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?