Wednesday August 15, 1973US date format: 8/15/1973, UK date format: 15/8/1973
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1973). The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adam Willard and Adnan Sami.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Touch Me In The Morning by Diana Ross.
In UK I'm The Leader Of The Gang (I Am) by Gary Glitter was in the top 5 hits.
The Lonely Woman, directed by Francisco Rovira Beleta, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Once Is Not Enough by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Bastian.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Lunar Lander or Gotcha.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1973
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1973!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1973 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Adam Willard: American musician (The Offspring).
- Marcus Jones: Defensive tackle (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Adnan Sami: British-born Pakastani music composer...
- Amitabh Bhattacharjee: Indian actor.
- Atom Willard: American drummer (The Offspring Rocket...
- Black September group kills three, wounds 55 in Athens, Greece.
- Vietnam War: The United States bombing of Cambodia ends.
- The U.S. bombing of Cambodia ends, officially halting 12 years of combat activity in Southeast Asia.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
- Wings - Live And Let Die
- Stories - Brother Louie
- Maureen McGovern - The Morning After
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown
- Gilbert O'Sullivan - Get Down
- Helen Reddy - Delta Dawn
- Charlie Daniels - Uneasy Rider
- Chicago - Feelin' Stronger Every Day
Top #10 R&B songs
- Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
- Here I Am Come & Take Me - Al Green
- Aretha Franklin - Angel
- Bobby Womack - Nobody Wants You When You're Down And Out
- Four Tops - Are You Man Enough
- Sly & The Family Stone - If You Want Me To Stay
- The Independents - Baby I've Been Missing You
- Don Covay - I Was Checkin' Out She Was Checkin' In
- The Isley Brothers - That Lady (Part 1)
- Gladys Knight And The Pips - Where Peaceful Waters Flow
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?