Monday 15 August 2011US date format: 8/15/2011, UK date format: 15/8/2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
Courageous, directed by Alex Kendrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Black Dynamite.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crimson: Steam Pirates or Blueprint 3D.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 15 August 2011 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 15 August
- A double bombing in the Iraqi city of Kut kills at least 34 and injures 68 people. (CNN)
- Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi gives a live address to the nation after rebels claim a number of victories in the 2011 Libyan civil war. (CNN)
- Turkish Minister of Foreign Affairs Ahmet Davutoğlu says that unspecified ampquotstepsampquot would be taken by Turkey if Syria fails to end the crackdown. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Syrian uprising:
- The Syrian navy shells the city of Latakia, killing as many as 26 people, including Palestinian refugees from Ramel refugee camp in southern Latakia. (''Jerusalem Post'')
- Japan's economy shrinks by 0.3% in the April-June quarter confirming the country is in a recession caused in part by the 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami and subsequent Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. (Market Watch)
- Authorities in the north-eastern Chinese city of Dalian order a petrochemical plant, which produces paraxylene (PX), to be shut down and relocated, after tens of thousands of local residents protested through the streets on Sunday, fearing potential pollution. The protests resembled to a similar case, when citizens went on a protest ampquotstrollampquot in the southeastern city of Xiamen in June 2007. (''The Wall Street Journal'')
- Google announces a proposed acquisition of Motorola Mobility. (Reuters)
- Tropical Storm Gert passes Bermuda. (National Hurricane Centre)
- A cold snap in New Zealand causes widespread snow on both the North and South Islands, disruption to power supplies and the closures of roads and Wellington International Airport. (''The Guardian'')
- Japan's Cabinet approves a plan to establish a new energy watchdog under the Environment Ministry. (Japan Today)
- Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak appears in court for the second session of his trial with his two sons Alaa and Gamal who share corruption charges with him the trial is subsequently adjourned and ordered to be merged with that of former Interior Minister Habib al-Adly. (BBC)
- In baseball, Jim Thome of the Minnesota Twins becomes the eighth player in the history of North American Major League Baseball to hit 600 career home runs. (MSNBC)
- In motorsport, Marcos Ambrose wins the Heluva Good! Sour Cream Dips at The Glen, becoming the first Australian ever to win a race in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. (Australian Associated Press via ''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
Sport Games on 15 August 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ein Frankfurt - Fortuna Dusseldorf : 1 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Monaco - Reims : 1 - 2
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Man City - Swansea : 4 - 0
- Nijmegen - Excelsior : 2 - 0
Birth chart on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 2011?
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Unusual - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- Quickie - Miguel
Top #10 Latin songs
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
- You - Romeo Santos
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Donde Estas Presumida - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Country Song - Seether
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Not Again - Staind
- Up All Night - Blink-182
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.38
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $93.61
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $73.21
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $32.35
- 1 CHF = 8.1486 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.5221 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.7996 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.717 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?