Friday August 15, 1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Natalia Kills and Samantha Crain.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Papa Don't Preach by Madonna.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Blue Velvet, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while The Good Mother by Sue Miller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Grand Prix der Volksmusik.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Miami Vice or Amnesia.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1986 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Natalia Kills: Pop Singer.
- Russ Money: Twitch Star.
- Samantha Crain: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Maria Fowler: English model and actress.
- Besik Kudukhov: Russian wrestler (d. 2013).
- President Reagan decides to support a replacement for Challenger
- US President Ronald Reagan decides to support a replacement for the space shuttle Challenger.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Bananarama - Venus
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Wham! - The Edge Of Heaven
Top #10 R&B songs
- Shirley Jones - Do You Get Enough Love
- Anita Baker - Sweet Love
- Jean Carne - Closer Than Close
- Luther Vandross - Give Me The Reason
- Love The One I'm With (A Lotta Love) - Melba Moore & Kashif
- Gwen Guthrie - Ain't Nothin' Goin' On But The Rent
- Billy Ocean - Love Zone
- - Rumors
- Patti LaBelle - Oh, People
- Jeffrey Osborne - You Should Be Mine (The Woo Woo Song)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?