Wednesday 15 August 1990
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Lawrence and Emmy Buckner.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
Wild at Heart, directed by David Lynch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Every Spy A Prince by Dan Raviv and Yossi Melman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Let the Blood Run Free.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing BatMUD or Crazy Sue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1990 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Jennifer Lawrence: American actress, played leading role of Katniss Everdeen in the film The Hunger Games, 2011.
- Emmy Buckner: TV Actress.
- Benjamin Kheng: Folk Singer.
- Alex Shelnutt: Drummer.
- Cash Out: Rapper.
- Nyusha : Russian singer-songwriter and producer
- Aglaja Brix: German actress
- Toomas Raadik: Estonian basketball player
- Danny Verbeek: Dutch footballer
- 51st PGA Seniors Golf Championship: Gary Player
- Mark McGwire is 1st to hit 30 HRs in each of his 1st 4 seasons
- Phils Terry Mulholland no-hits Giants 6-0 (8th no hitter of 1990)
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?