Wednesday August 15, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 15, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jennifer Lawrence and Nathalia Kaur.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
After Dark, My Sweet, directed by James Foley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while It Was On Fire When I Lay Down On It by Robert Fulghum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parenthood.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Battle Bull or Days of Thunder.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1990 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Jennifer Lawrence: American actress, played leading role of Katniss Everdeen in the film The Hunger Games, 2011.
- Nathalia Kaur
- Alex Shelnutt: Drummer.
- Cash Out: Rapper.
- Nyusha : Russian singer-songwriter and producer.
- Emmy Buckner: TV Actress.
- Toomas Raadik: Estonian basketball player.
- Danny Verbeek: Dutch footballer.
- Aglaja Brix: German actress.
- Benjamin Kheng: Folk Singer.
- 51st PGA Seniors Golf Championship: Gary Player
- Mark McGwire is 1st to hit 30 HRs in each of his 1st 4 seasons
- Phils Terry Mulholland no-hits Giants 6-0 (8th no hitter of 1990)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love
- The Time - Jerk Out
- Anita Baker - Talk To Me
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Babyface - My Kinda Girl
- Janet Jackson - Come Back To Me
- Tony Toni Tone - Feels Good
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Terry Steele - If I Told You Once
- The West Coast Rap All-Stars - We're All In The Same Gang
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Me Tienes Que Querer - Yuri
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?