Saturday 15 December 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Hutchinson and Raina Kabaivanska.
Bright Eyes, directed by David Butler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1934 ?
- Helen Hutchinson: Canadian tv personality.
- Raina Kabaivanska: Bulgarian opera singer, one of the leading lyrico-spinto sopranos of her generation, particularly associated with Verdi and Puccini, although she sang a wide range of roles.
- Clive Brittain: English horse trainer.
- Curtis Fuller: American trombonist and composer.
- Maggis Lena Walker: 1st US (black) woman to head a bank, dies at 69.
- Fokker F18 Snip flies to the Netherlands West Indies
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I Get a Kick Out of You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- With Every Breath I Take - Bing Crosby
- I've Got an Invitation to a Dance - Paul Pendarvis & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?