Tuesday 18 December 1934
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Marc Rich and Boris Valentinovich Volynov in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz 5.
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Marc Rich: Belgium financier and American fugitive, pardoned by Bill Clinton on his last few hours in office for accusations of fraud.
- Boris Valentinovich Volynov in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz 5: 21).
- Boris Volynov: Russian colonel engineer and astronaut.
- A low-key fascist conference is held in Moreaux.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I've Got an Invitation to a Dance - Paul Pendarvis & His Orchestra
- With Every Breath I Take - Bing Crosby
- I Get a Kick Out of You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?