Sunday 30 December 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Russ Tamblyn and Del Shannon.
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1934 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Russ Tamblyn: American dancer, actor of stage, film and radio.
- Del Shannon: American singer, one of the early rockers who wrote his own material.
- John Norris Bahcall: American physicist (d. 2005).
- Joseph P Hoar: former US Central Command commander.
- Barry Briggs in New Zealand auto maker (World Champion 1957: 1958, 1964, 1966).
- John Bahcall: American astrophysicist and astronomer co-developed the Hubble Space Telescope (d. 2005).
- Joseph Bologna: American actor director and screenwriter.
- Barry Briggs: New Zealand motorcycle racer and sportscaster.
- Joseph Hoar: American general.
- Russ Tamblyn in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Twin Peaks, Tom Thumb, Win Place or Steal).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- All Through the Night - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Isle Of Capri - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?