Sunday 30 December 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Russ Tamblyn in Los Angeles and John Norris Bahcall.
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 30 December 1934 ?
- The sixth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Pope Felix I (optional memorial)
- Philippines - Rizal Day
- Russ Tamblyn in Los Angeles: California, USA; actor (Twin Peaks, Tom Thumb, Win Place or Steal).
- John Norris Bahcall: American physicist (d. 2005).
- Joseph P Hoar: former US Central Command commander.
- Barry Briggs in New Zealand auto maker (World Champion 1957: 1958, 1964, 1966).
- Del Shannon: American singer, one of the early rockers who wrote his own material.
- Russ Tamblyn: American dancer, actor of stage, film and radio. Starting as a child actor, he hit his stride with a dazzling dance performance on "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers" in 1954 and "West Side Story" in 1961. An accomplished actor in more than 30 films, he was nominated for an Academy Award as Best Supporting Actor for his performance in "Peyton Place." Later he appeared in the TV series "Twin Peaks."
- John Bahcall: American astrophysicist and astronomer co-developed the Hubble Space Telescope (d. 2005)
- Joseph Bologna: American actor director and screenwriter
- Barry Briggs: New Zealand motorcycle racer and sportscaster
- Joseph Hoar: American general
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 30 December 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Isle Of Capri - Ray Noble & His Orchestra (Vocal Al Bowlly)
- All Through the Night - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?