Thursday 27 December 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Larissa Latynina and Christopher Benjamin.
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while So Red the Rose by Stark Young was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 27 December 1934 ?
- The second day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- A bank holiday in Britain and elsewhere if 25 December or 26 December falls in the weekend.
- R.C. Saints - John the Apostle and Evangelist
- Larissa Latynina: Ukraine -- Gymnist (1956, 60, 64 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Christopher Benjamin: English actor.
- Larisa Latynina: Ukrainian gymnast and coach.
- Jeffrey Sterling: Baron Sterling of Plaistow English businessman.
- 1st youth hostel in US opens (Northfield, Massachusetts)
- First youth hostel in US opens (Northfield, Massachusetts).
- Shah of Persia declares Persia now Iran.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Blue Danube - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
- Believe it, Beloved - Fats Waller
- Bing Crosby - Love is Just Around the Corner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?