Saturday 22 December 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Bouteiller and Howard Lang.
Forsaking All Others, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1934!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1934 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Pierre Bouteiller: French radio and television journalist.
- Howard Lang: American homicide; at the age of 13 he killed his 7-year-old playmate, Lonnie Fellick, on 18 October 1947.
- David Pearson: American stock car racer.
- 1st flight from Netherlands to Curacao (Christmas flight 1934)
- Miss Theo Trowbridge sets female bowling record 702 pins in games
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1934 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Blue Danube - Ray Noble & His Orchestra
- Believe it, Beloved - Fats Waller
- Bing Crosby - Love is Just Around the Corner
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?