Thursday 15 March 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Hufschmidt and Daniel George "Danny" Apolinar.
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Anthony Adverse by Hervey Allen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1934 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Daniel George "Danny" Apolinar: Composer / songwriter.
- Wolfgang Hufschmidt: Composer.
- Nello Fabbri: Italy sport Champion.
- Aldo Giorgini: Italian graphic designer (d. 1994).
- Richard Layard: Baron Layard English economist and academic.
- Kanshi Ram: Indian politician (d. 2006).
- US Information Service opens.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?