Thursday 15 March 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Daniel George "Danny" Apolinar and Wolfgang Hufschmidt.
Jimmy the Gent, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1934 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Daniel George "Danny" Apolinar: Composer / songwriter.
- Wolfgang Hufschmidt: Composer.
- Nello Fabbri: Italy sport Champion.
- Aldo Giorgini: Italian graphic designer (d. 1994).
- Richard Layard: Baron Layard English economist and academic.
- Kanshi Ram: Indian politician (d. 2006)
- US Information Service opens.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 15 March 1934
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?