Tuesday 18 April 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glen Hardin and Von McDaniel.
Juarez, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Disputed Passage by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1939 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- Glen Hardin: Rocker.
- Von McDaniel: Baseball player.
- Marian Brayton: American TV executive, Vice-President of Dramatic Specials at CBS-TV as of 1982, continues to work as executive producer of made-for-television movies.
- Thomas Moyer: American lawyer and judge (d. 2010).
- Theo Mann: Actress (Pink Bernd, Hedda Gabler), dies at 88.
- Franz von Papen becomes German ambassador in Turkey.
- Hubert Pierlot forms Belgian government.
- The Soviet Union proposes a quotpeace frontquot to resist aggression.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?