Thursday 15 July 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lilian Camberabero and Prabhash Joshi.
They Won't Forget, directed by Claude Rains, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Northwest Passage (novel) by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 July 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 15 July 1937 ?
- Saint Vladimir the Great's day (Eastern Orthodox; Roman Catholic)
- Confuflux (Discordianism)
- Saint Swithun's feast day (Anglican Church)
- Japan - Third day of Obon feast period
- Palermo, Sicily - Festival of Santa Rosalia
- Brunei - Birthday of the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam
- Botswana - President's Day
- Saint Donald's feast day
- Brazil - International Men's Day
- Lilian Camberabero: French rugby player, selected 13 times in international events to play as fly half between 1964 and 1968 ; in nine of those events he played with his brother Guy.
- Prabhash Joshi: Indian journalist (d. 2009).
- Walter Gay: Artist.
- Buchenwald Concentration Camp opens
- Japanese attack Marco Polo Bridge, invade China.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?