Tuesday 20 July 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Ogata .
It Pays to Advertise!, directed by Anders Henrikson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 July 1937 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Guglielmo Marconi: Italian scientist and physicist who invented wireless telegraph and radio signal transmission in 1895.
- The Geibeltbad Pirna is opened in Dresden, Germany.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?