Sunday 11 July 1937US date format: 7/11/1937, UK date format: 11/7/1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1937). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pai Hsien-yung .
They Won't Forget, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1937
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1937 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- George Gershwin: American composer, famous for show...