Sunday July 11, 1937
US date format: 7/11/1937, UK date format: 11/7/1937
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 11, 1937). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Neville Chamberlain (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Pai Hsien-yung .
They Won't Forget, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of July 11, 1937?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- See more
- Pai Hsien-yung: Chinese-Taiwanese author.
- George Gershwin: American composer, famous for show...
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial