Monday 5 July 1937
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Brooke Hayward and Brooke Hayward in Los Angeles.
Easy Living, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
while Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wimbledon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 July 1937!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 5 July 1937 ?
- Isle of Man: Tynwald Day (1266).
- Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).
- Algeria: Independence Day (1962).
- Cape Verde: Independence Day (1975).
- Church of the SubGenius: X-Day (1998).
- Armenia: Constitution Day (1995)
- Czech Republic and Slovakia: Arrival of Saints Cyril and Methodius in Great Moravia (around 863).
- Brooke Hayward: American model and stage actress who is the daughter of actress Margaret Sullavan.
- Brooke Hayward in Los Angeles: California, USA; author (Haywire).
- Frouwke J Laning-Boersema: Dutch politician (CDA) 2nd Chamber.
- Nita M Lowey: (Rep-D-New York).
- Daniel Sawyer: American golfer (Born 1884).
- Chicago Cub Frank Demaree gets 6 hits in 1st game and 2 in 2nd game
- Republican offensive by Brunete in Spain
- 117 degrees F (47 degrees C), Medicine Lake, Montana (state record).
- Sino-Japanese War: Battle of Lugou Bridge (aka Marco Polo Bridge Incident): Japanese forces invade China (often seen as the beginning of World War II in Asia).
- Peel Commission proposes partition of the British Mandate of Palestine into separate Arab and Jewish states.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?