Thursday 22 July 1937
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Price and Sam Stith.
It Pays to Advertise!, directed by Anders Henrikson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching The Mizzen Cross Trees.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1937!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1937 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- John Price: English cricketer.
- Sam Stith: American athlete a pro basketball player, he was drafted to the NBA in 1960 and played for one season, 1961-62.
- Chuck Jackson: American singer-songwriter (The Del-Vikings).
- Yasuhiro Kojima: Japanese-American wrestler and manager (d. 1999).
- Vasant Ranjane: Indian cricketer (d. 2011).
- Irish Premier Eamon de Valera wins elections
- Senate rejects FDR proposal to enlarge Supreme Court
- US Senate rejects President Franklin Roosevelt proposal to enlarge Supreme Court.
- New Deal: the United States Senate votes down President Franklin D. Roosevelt's proposal to add more justices to the Supreme Court of the United States.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?