Friday 16 November 1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 16, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Terry Labonte and Wayne Cooper (basketball).
In that special week of November people in US were listening to The Green Door by Jim Lowe.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
Odongo, directed by John Gilling, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Don'T Go Near The Water by William Brinkley was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 November 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1956!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1956 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Terry Labonte: American race car driver and businessman.
- Wayne Cooper (basketball)
- Gregory Smith: American social worker, writer and advocate for the disabled.
- Otori Tanigoro: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 24th Yokozuna (Born 1887).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?