Wednesday 15 March 1939US date format: 3/15/1939, UK date format: 15/3/1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 15, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yorg Lanner and David Eisenberg.
La fin du jour, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1939 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- Yorg Lanner: German dancer, a soloist of the Ballets...
- Jack Whyte: Scottish-Canadian author.
- David Eisenberg: American biologist and biophysicist.
- Ted Kaufman: American engineer and politician.
- Robert Nye: Writer (Facts of Life & other fiction, 3...
- Julie Tullis: English mountaineer (d. 1986).
- Hitler occupies Bohemia and Moravia (Czechoslovakia); Slovakia independ
- World War II: German troops occupy the remaining part of Bohemia and Moravia; Czechoslovakia ceases to exist.
- Carpatho-Ukraine declares itself an independent republic, but is annexed by Hungary the next day.
- Princess Fawzia of Egypt marries Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi of Iran.