Thursday 15 March 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 15, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clay Matthews .
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Forbidden Planet, directed by Fred M. Wilcox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Man In The Gray Flannel Suit by Sloan Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 March 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 15 March 1956 ?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- Constitution Day in Belarus
- National holiday in Hungary celebrating the 1848 Revolution. (See also Public holidays in Hungary)
- World Consumer Rights Day 
- In Japan, Hounen Matsuri
- Saint Clemens Maria Hofbauer (died 1820)
- Saint Lucretia
- Saint Luise of Marillac
- In the Roman calendar, the Ides of March.
- My Fair Lady opens at Mark Hellinger Theater in New York City for 2,715 performances.
- Whipper Billy Watson beats Lou Thesz in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, to become NWA champion.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?