Friday 15 November 1935
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ariston Muguranayanga Chambati and Peter John Welding.
Crime and Punishment, directed by Josef von Sternberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1935!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1935 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Ariston Muguranayanga Chambati: Politician / businessman.
- Peter John Welding: Record producer.
- Nataniela De Micheli: Italian theatre actress and television personality, who was discovered by director Alexander Brissoni, who directed her in some television shows on Milan Rai.
- Commonwealth of Phillipines inaugurated.
- Manuel L. Quezon is inaugurated as the second president of the Philippines.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?