Monday 15 November 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Emma Orr and Nigel Bond.
In that special week of November people in US were listening to I Hear A Symphony by The Supremes.
In UK Get Off Of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Juliet of the Spirits, directed by Federico Fellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Mrs. Jack by Louise Hall Tharp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Die Bräute meiner Söhne.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1965!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1965 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Emma Orr: British neo-druid, animist, priest, poet, and author.
- Nigel Bond: English snooker player.
- Stefan Pfeiffer: German swimmer.
- Dawn Powell: American author and playwright (d. 1965).
- At the Cherry Plaza Hotel in Orlando, Florida, Walt Disney, Roy Disney, and Florida Governor Hayden Burns make the first public announcement of plans to build a new Disney theme park near Orlando.
- Craig Breedlove sets land speed record (600.601 mph [966.57 kph]).
- U.S. racer Craig Breedlove sets a new land speed record of .
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Supremes - I Hear A Symphony
- Len Barry - 1-2-3
- The Rolling Stones - Get Off Of My Cloud
- Fontella Bass - Rescue Me
- The 4 Seasons - Let's Hang On
- The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season)
- The Toys - A Lover's Concerto
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar
- Herb Alpert And The Tijuana Brass - Taste Of Honey
- The Vogues - You're The One
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?