Sunday 15 November 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alfred Marie-Jeanne and Tod Brown.
Lloyd's of London, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
On TV people were watching London Characters.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 November 1936
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1936!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1936 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Alfred Marie-Jeanne
- Tod Brown: American ecclesiastic who decided to become a priest at age 12 and entered minor seminary at 14.
- Wolf Biermann: German singer/songwriter, former East German dissident.
- H B Bailey: American NASCAR driver (d. 2003).
- H Bailey: American race car driver (d. 2003).
- Tara Hayer: Indian-Canadian journalist and publisher (d. 1998).
- Nazi-Germany and Japan sign Anti-Komintern pact