Saturday 15 September 1951
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pete Carroll and Johan Neeskens.
No Highway in the Sky, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while My Six Convicts by Donald Powell Wilson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sky King.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1951!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1951 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:15 September
- Jacinto Guerrero: Composer, dies at 56.
- Emile Zatopek runs world record 20k (1:01:15.8)
- Pope Pius XII publishes encyclical Ingruentium Malorum
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes closes on Broadway in New York City after 740 performances.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1951 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?