Saturday September 15, 1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 15, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matt Shively and Oliver Gill.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Release Me by Wilson Phillips.
In UK The Joker by The Steve Miller Band was in the top 5 hits.
The Big Steal, directed by Nadia Tass, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Going Places.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing DragonStrike or Duck Maze.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1990!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1990 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
Famous Birthdays:15 September
- 42nd Emmy Awards - LA Law and Murphy Brown win
- Chicago White Sox Bobby Thigpen is 1st to record 50 saves
- Emmy Creative Arts Award presentation
- France announces it will send 4,000 troops to the Persian Gulf.
- Florida lottery goes over US$100 million.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wilson Phillips - Release Me
- Jon Bon Jovi - Blaze Of Glory
- Bell Biv DeVoe - Do Me!
- Have You Seen Her - M.C. Hammer
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
- Nelson - (Can't Live Without Your) Love And Affection
- Prince - Thieves In The Temple
- Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True
- New Kids On The Block - Tonight
- Maxi Priest - Close To You
Top #10 Latin songs
- Porque Te Tengo Que Olvidar - Jose Feliciano
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- Ni Un Roce - Ana Gabriel
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Peligroso Amor - Myriam Hernandez
- Como He De Vivir Sin Tu Carino - Danny Rivera
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Dimelo - Daniela Romo
- Azucar Moreno - Ven Devorame Otra Vez
Top #5 songs in the UK
- The Steve Miller Band - The Joker
- Bombalurina - Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
- Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart / What Is Love
- Four Bacharach And David Songs (EP) - Deacon Blue
- Maria McKee - Show Me Heaven
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?