Thursday 15 September 1949
It was Thursday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joe L Barton and Philip Clairmont.
Miss Grant Takes Richmond, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching The Ed Wynn Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 September 1949
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 September 1949!
Which were the important events of 15 September 1949 ?
- Bulgaria - The first day of school.
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day before 2003; beginning in 2003, Respect for the Aged Day is held on the third Monday of September.
- The United Kingdom - the British commemorate the Battle of Britain on the day of the last massive Luftwaffe attack in 1940.
- Also see September 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics).
- RC Saints - Feast day of Our Lady of Sorrows.
- Independence Day from Spain (1821) for Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua, celebrated everywhere with marches from schoolchildren.
- In ancient Greece, the second day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the priests of Demeter declared the public start of the rites.
- In Slovakia - Holyday of the Seven sorrows of Virgin Maria
- Joe L Barton: (Rep-R-Texas, 1985- ).
- Philip Clairmont: New Zealand painter.
- Joe Barton: American lawyer and politician.
- Lone Ranger premieres on ABC-TV
- WJAC TV channel 6 in Johnstown, PA (NBC / ABC) begins broadcasting
- WJXT TV channel 4 in Jacksonville, Florida (CBS) begins broadcasting