Wednesday 16 April 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henry Mancini and Henry Mancini in Cleveland.
Safe and Sane, directed by Harold Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 April 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 16 April 1924 ?
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Bernadette
- Blessed HervT of Tours
- Saint Turibius
- Saint Fructuosus
- Saint Drogo.
- Saint Benedict Joseph Labre
- Mawlid in Shi'a Islam (2006).
- Birthday of the Danish sovereign, Queen Margrethe, celebrated in Greenland.
- Saints Martial, Urban, Eventius, Caecilian, Julia, and their companions, martyrs of 304
- Henry Mancini: American musician, conductor, composer, writer and arranger who created memorable, elegant melodies and songs such as "Moon River" from Blake Edward's "Breakfast at Tiffany's.
- Henry Mancini in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; composer/conductor (The Pink Panther).
- Sir John Harvey-Jones: British industrialist (d. 2008).
- Geoffrey Johnson Smith: Actor (Norman Loves Rose, Drinking Games).
- Rudy Pompilli: American musician (Bill Haley and His Comets) (Born 1926).
- Madanjeet Singh: Indian diplomat author and philanthropist (d. 2013).
- John Harvey-Jones: English academic and businessman (d. 2008).
- Child labor laws strengthened in Holland.
- American media company ''Metro Goldwyn Mayer'' (''MGM'') is founded in Los Angeles, California.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Someone Loves You After All - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Shanghai Lullaby - Art Kahn & His Orchestra
- A Smile Will Go a Long, Long Way - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Twelve O'Clock at Night - Ted Lewis & His Band