Sunday 6 April 1924
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Yannick Bellon and Eugenio Scalfari.
Safe and Sane, directed by Harold Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 April 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 6 April 1924 ?
- Saint Isolde
- Tartan Day, a day set aside for the celebration of Scottish influence.
- The date of organization of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the start of the Restoration Movement by Joseph Smith Junior. Also the date on which this church believes Jesus Christ was born.
- In Thailand, April 6th marks Chakri Day - a day to commemorate King Rama I, founder of the Chakri dynasty.
- Saint Balderik
- Saint Marcellinus of Carthage (d.413)
- St. Sixtus
- Saint Wineboud
- Blessed Notker
- The start of the tax year in the United Kingdom (arising from the 11 day correction to March 25 at the adoption of the Gregorian calendar in 1752).
- Yannick Bellon: French documentary film maker and film editor who is intense and intelligent with a lively perception.
- Eugenio Scalfari: Italian journalist, editor of the news magazine L'espresso (1963–1968), former member of parliament in the Italian Chamber of Deputies (1968–1972), co-founder of the newspaper La Repubblica and its editor from 1976 to 1996.
- 4 planes leave Seattle on 1st successful around-the-world flight
- Italy fascists receives 65% of vote of parliament
- Four planes leave Seattle, Washington on attempt at around-the-world flight (they succeed).
- Fascists win the elections in Italy with a ⅔ majority.
- A referendum in Greece favors the formation of the Second Hellenic Republic.
- The ''A.E.K.'' is founded in Greece.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Charleston Crazy - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
- Red-Headed Music Maker - Wendell Hall