Tuesday 15 April 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Grigg and Neville Marriner in Lincoln.
Sherlock Jr., directed by Buster Keaton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1924 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- John Grigg: British historian.
- Neville Marriner in Lincoln: England; conductor (Minnesota Orchestra 1978).
- Rikki Fulton: Scottish entertainer of stage and pantomime, actor of comedy.
- M Canagaratnam: Sri Lankan politician (d. 1980).
- Neville Marriner: English violinist and conductor.
- Eduardo Caudella: Composer, dies at 82.
- WHO-AM in Des Moines Iowa begins radio transmissions
- Flemish-Walloon riots in Louvain, Belgium; one dead.
- Rand McNally publishes its first road atlas, in the USA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Roamin' To Wyomin' - California Ramblers
- When It's Night Time in Italy - Lew Holtz & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?