Friday 18 April 1924
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on April 18, 1924). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Steel Scott and Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown in Vinton.
Safe and Sane, directed by Harold Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 April 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 18 April 1924 ?
- Saint Galdino (d. 1176)
- Saint Perfecto (d. 850)
- Saint Agia (Aya) (d. 707)
- Saint Timon
- Saint Ursmarus (d. 713)
- Saint Werner (d. 1287)
- Blessed Idesbald van der Gracht (d. 1167), patron saint of fishermen and Flemish nobility
- Saint Eusebius (d. 526)
- Saint Apollonius (d. 185/6)
- Marie de l'Incarnation (1566 ? 1618)
- The Cheat's Cheatday on homestarrunner.com
- Zimbabwe ? Independence Day.
- Saint Emma
- Iran - Army Day
- James Steel Scott
- Clarence "Gatemouth" Brown in Vinton: Louisiana, USA; blues singer ("Mary is Fine").
- Lord Mason of Barnsley Member of Parliament (Labour): British defense secretary.
- Henry J: Hyde; American politician (Representative-Republican-Illinois).
- Clarence ''Gatemouth'' Brown: American musician (d. 2005).
- Ghislain Cloquet: Belgian-born French cinematographer.
- Buxton Daeblite Orr: Composer.
- Étienne Taillemite: French historian and archivist who died on 24 August 2011 at Allogny.
- : American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2005).
- Henry Hyde: American commander lawyer and politician (d. 2007).
- Roy Mason: English miner and politician Secretary of State for Defence (d. 2015).
- James Scott: Scottish physician, a Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- 1st crossword puzzle book published (Simon & Schuster)
- First crossword puzzle book published (in USA by Simon and Schuster).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Someone Loves You After All - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Shanghai Lullaby - Art Kahn & His Orchestra
- A Smile Will Go a Long, Long Way - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- The One I Love Belongs to Somebody Else - Ray Miller & His Orchestra
- Twelve O'Clock at Night - Ted Lewis & His Band