Tuesday 1 April 1924
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brendan Byrne and Roger Riffard.
Safe and Sane, directed by Harold Beaudine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 April 1924
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1924 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Brendan Byrne: American politician born into a family long active in local New Jersey politics; he made a career in public service from 1955.
- Roger Riffard
- Gunther Becker: Composer.
- Miodrag Petrovic: Serbian actor (d. 2003).
- Franco Giacchero: Italy sport Champion.
- Čkalja : Serbian actor and singer (d. 2003).
- Crown takes over Northern Rhodesia from British South Africa Company
- Hitler sentenced to 5 years labor but General Ludendorff acquitted
- Imperial Airways is formed in Britain.
- The Royal Canadian Air Force is formed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Charleston Crazy - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
- Red-Headed Music Maker - Wendell Hall