Thursday 3 April 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Canon A D Caesar and Murray Dickie.
Beau Brummel, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
while A Gentleman of Courage by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 April 1924!
Which were the important events of 3 April 1924 ?
- Saint Sixtus I
- Saint Agape (died 304)
- Saint Richard (d.1253)
- Canon A D Caesar: Sub Dean (HM Chapels Royal).
- Murray Dickie: Opera singer / director.
- Marlon Brando in Omaha: Nebraska, USA; actor (Superman, Godfather) (dies 2004).
- Doris Day in Cincinnati: Ohio, USA; actress (Pillow Talk).
- Marlon Brando: American actor of great note whose charisma, both off- and on-screen, made him an artistic and social force.
- Georges Nantes: French Catholic priest and essayist, known as the 'Abbé de Nantes,' who founded the League of the Catholic Counter-Reformation. Suspended from his duties by the authorities of the Catholic Church, he nevertheless continued his pastoral activities in his community.
- Doris Day: American actress, singer and animal rights activist
- Peter Hawkins: British actor and voice actor (Born 1924)
- Roza Shanina: Russian sergeant and sniper (d. 1945)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Take, Oh Take, Those Lips Away - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- You Will Never Miss Your Mother Until She is Gone - Fiddlin' John Carson
- Dream Daddy - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?